Insurance Coverages Event Planners Need

In order to be properly insured there are various types of insurance that an Event Planner will need:

1) General Liability Insurance provides general coverage for you as an event planner. This is the basic type of insurance you will need.

2) Professional Liability provides defense against negligence claims made by a client. This is also known as Errors & Omissions insurance.

3) Workers Compensation provides coverage for bodily injury, medical bills, loss of income, death for all employees, full time or part time.

4) Property & Inland Marine protects your property. Inland Marine protects your property when it is away from your place of business.

5) Commercial Auto provides coverage for your business automobile. If you use your personal vehicle for business purposes most personal insurance policies exclude this.

6) EPLI Coverage can help to financially protect your business in the case of discrimination, failure to employ/promote, wrongful termination, breach of employment contract & sexual harassment.